WELCOME

I have started this blog so friends, family and all of mankind can enjoy my passion for all of the things that make me happy ... mostly food!

I am always trying new recipes and I enjoy nothing more than cooking wholesome, healthy food and want to share my own recipes, and other favourites, so that you can enjoy them too.

I like to give my family a preservative and additive free diet, free from any processed foods. I am lucky enough to live in an area where organic and locally grown fruit and vegetables are always available from our local co-op, local green grocers and farms.

Live, laugh, love, eat.

xo

Sunday, July 31, 2011

tortilla .... a little bit of spanish love



I was a lucky girl growing up, one of my very best friends is Spanish and I spent a lot of time eating, sleeping and hanging out in the Lopez abode .... Not only a beautiful family to share time with, but a great introduction to my still all-time favourite cuisine.

Tortilla is one of our staple favourites in Rumble de casa.  There is almost always one in the fridge.. it's a delicious snack, the perfect Sunday night dinner, and Noah loves it instead of a sandwich in his school lunch .

INGREDIENTS
1/2 an onion (whatever you have in the crisper)
6 - 8 small potatoes (I use organice sebago or dutch cream - thinly sliced or in small cubes)
olive oil
6 organic eggs
S & P

METHOD
Sweat out onions in a generous amount of olive oil.   I cheat and lightly steam my potatoes before panfrying them in the olive oil with the onions, adding some salt & pepper..  Whisk the eggs in a bowl and when the potatoes have softened, toss this mixture through the eggs in the bowl and place back in the well oiled pan with a sprinkle of fresh parsley if you like.
Cook over a low heat with the lid on, and when the egg looks cooked, use a plate to turn the omelette out onto and then slide back in to brown the top... slice in pizza triangles and eat as you wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment