WELCOME

I have started this blog so friends, family and all of mankind can enjoy my passion for all of the things that make me happy ... mostly food!

I am always trying new recipes and I enjoy nothing more than cooking wholesome, healthy food and want to share my own recipes, and other favourites, so that you can enjoy them too.

I like to give my family a preservative and additive free diet, free from any processed foods. I am lucky enough to live in an area where organic and locally grown fruit and vegetables are always available from our local co-op, local green grocers and farms.

Live, laugh, love, eat.

xo

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Chocolate & Coconut Slice ...

This recipe is my version of an old weetbix slice that I loved as a child.  I have altered the recipe to suit my choice of ingredients and it's just as delicious!

I use a combination of wholemeal and white spelt flours, but any flour can be used, whatever you have in the pantry. 

I also use Organic 70% dark chocolate, which is sweetened with Rapadura Sugar, but any dark chocolate will do...

Coconut Sugar, which I have found in the granulated form is excellent... I absolutely love it!!  It looks and tastes like dark Rapadura sugar but just gives that extra something and still has health benefits that refined sugars don't have... if refined is all you use, that will work too, white, raw or brown.

You could add any nuts, raisins, sultana's dates to this ..  with my recipes, almost anything goes...


110g butter
60g good quality dark chocolate
1T maple syrup
1C wholemeal flour (or 3 weetbix for crunch)
1C plain flour
1T baking powder
100g coconut (whatever you have in the pantry, I use organc shredded)
80g Coconut sugar (or any sugar of your choice)

METHOD
Melt butter, chocolate and maple syrup over a low heat
Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl
Add the choc/butter
Mix well
Put into a greased tray
Bake at 180 for around 15 to 20 mintues

When cooled, I drizzle melted white chocolate over the top and slice into small squares

This slice is so yummy and everyone loves it, children and adults ... it's so simple and always a hit!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds beautiful! sorry if this is a stupid question, is T for tsp or tbsp? x sarndra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use T for tablespoon... not a silly question at all.. close to a tablespoon is fine. x

    ReplyDelete