WELCOME

I have started this blog so friends, family and all of mankind can enjoy my passion for all of the things that make me happy ... mostly food!

I am always trying new recipes and I enjoy nothing more than cooking wholesome, healthy food and want to share my own recipes, and other favourites, so that you can enjoy them too.

I like to give my family a preservative and additive free diet, free from any processed foods. I am lucky enough to live in an area where organic and locally grown fruit and vegetables are always available from our local co-op, local green grocers and farms.

Live, laugh, love, eat.

xo

Friday, April 29, 2011

Toad in the Hole ...



An oldy but a goody!!

I still have absolutely no idea where it got the name 'Toad in the Hole', but I loved it as a little girl and I still love it now... It's a nice fast breakfast or a very lazy supper.

A little bit of protein, served with a nice cup of tea or a glass of milk for the kids and some yummy, new season strawberries ... this is what we had for breaky today.

Slice of bread
1 egg (of the happy fee range variety of course)
nob of butter
olive oil

METHOD
cut a hole in the bread
place in a hot pan of melted butter & olive oil
Turn when browned
Cook egg to your liking, we love ours all runny in the centre
Top with hole

YUM!!!

Obviously if you are not a butter lover, or want to keep it healthy, just brush the bread with olive oil instead.



No comments:

Post a Comment