WELCOME

I have started this blog so friends, family and all of mankind can enjoy my passion for all of the things that make me happy ... mostly food!

I am always trying new recipes and I enjoy nothing more than cooking wholesome, healthy food and want to share my own recipes, and other favourites, so that you can enjoy them too.

I like to give my family a preservative and additive free diet, free from any processed foods. I am lucky enough to live in an area where organic and locally grown fruit and vegetables are always available from our local co-op, local green grocers and farms.

Live, laugh, love, eat.

xo

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Lentil Daal

This is one of my favourite recipes to cook.

It takes no time to prepare, and my boys love it too... you can just feel it nourishing your body with all of it's goodness...

olive oil
1 red onion
1 carrot
2 crushed garlic cloves
2cm sliced ginger
chilli (to taste)
salt pepper
2C red lentils
4C water with chicken stock
1-2 tomatoes frozen or fresh spinach leaves

METHOD
Heat oil over low heat and sweat onions, carrot, garlic, ginger and chilli
Add salt & pepper
Cook until fagrant
Add lentils and stir to coat with spices
Add stock
Add tomato
Cook over low heat, adding extra liquid when necessary
When lentils are soft, add spinach

We love to eat these with steamed basmati rice, topped with yoghurt and fresh coriander if you have some in the crisper, or add a touch more liquid and enjoy as a nice hearty soup.... feel the wholesome goodness nourishing your body!

1 comment:

  1. And, for all of you meat lovers out there, I served this tonight with lamb cutlets and Noah & Eli devoured it ... and, that makes me very happy!

    ReplyDelete