WELCOME

I have started this blog so friends, family and all of mankind can enjoy my passion for all of the things that make me happy ... mostly food!

I am always trying new recipes and I enjoy nothing more than cooking wholesome, healthy food and want to share my own recipes, and other favourites, so that you can enjoy them too.

I like to give my family a preservative and additive free diet, free from any processed foods. I am lucky enough to live in an area where organic and locally grown fruit and vegetables are always available from our local co-op, local green grocers and farms.

Live, laugh, love, eat.

xo

Friday, November 18, 2011

I love a roadside fruit stall ...


Driving through the beautiful rolling hills of the hinterland this morning, I thought to myself .. I am so lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the world.

The roads from Montville, through Flaxton to Mapleton have the most amazing Jacaranda's blossoming with the most vibrant of vibrant purple flowers... just so pretty, that I smiled the whole way!

Stall after stall of Avocado's, farm fresh free range eggs, tomatoes, pineapples and more, with honesty boxes to collect your coins ... this is the kind of place I love to call home.

I stopped at my local roadside Mango Man to stock up for the weekend, and decided to get a full tray for $25. ...My boys will be in heaven!

I have just peeled and sliced half of the box's contents to freeze for smoothies and frappes, and the rest we will eat cold for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

Happy Weekend everyone .... the weather here is amazing!

On my mind:
http://down---to---earth.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! It's good to see you taking part. That fruit looks amazing. I might have to go and search. :- )

    ReplyDelete