WELCOME

I have started this blog so friends, family and all of mankind can enjoy my passion for all of the things that make me happy ... mostly food!

I am always trying new recipes and I enjoy nothing more than cooking wholesome, healthy food and want to share my own recipes, and other favourites, so that you can enjoy them too.

I like to give my family a preservative and additive free diet, free from any processed foods. I am lucky enough to live in an area where organic and locally grown fruit and vegetables are always available from our local co-op, local green grocers and farms.

Live, laugh, love, eat.

xo

Sunday, November 6, 2011

smoothilicious ...


Everyone loves a smoothie during the warmer months!

The boys and I enjoy a smoothie every day, whether it be for breakfast, afternoon tea or most commonly for us, it's dessert

They are healthy, filling, refreshing and most importantly ... delicious!

I always have frozen mango cheeks, raspberries and blueberries in the freezer.  We eat them as cool snack and obviously in our smoothies.

HEALTHY SMOOTHIES

Frozen Fruit ... a handful of any frozen fruit make it cold and thick
Yoghurt ... a couple of dollops of any natural yoghurt (we use Meredith's Sheeps Milk)
Milk ... I use Bon Soy or Pure Harvest Organic Oat Milk
A squeeze of smoething sweet - Pure Maple Syrup, Agave Syup or even Honey
LSA ... Ground Linseed, Sunflower Seed & Almond mix adds protein

Obviously you can drop the yoghurt to make them dairy free, or you use cow's milk if you love dairy!


No comments:

Post a Comment