WELCOME

I have started this blog so friends, family and all of mankind can enjoy my passion for all of the things that make me happy ... mostly food!

I am always trying new recipes and I enjoy nothing more than cooking wholesome, healthy food and want to share my own recipes, and other favourites, so that you can enjoy them too.

I like to give my family a preservative and additive free diet, free from any processed foods. I am lucky enough to live in an area where organic and locally grown fruit and vegetables are always available from our local co-op, local green grocers and farms.

Live, laugh, love, eat.

xo

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

movement is the key ...


Being active makes me feel alive and more energetic to chase my two little people...

My parents were always relatively active, so I learnt at a young age that sport and exercise were the keys to good health and happiness... and it wasn't bad for your social life either. 

I always danced regularly and played a sport, whether it was tennis, basketball, swimming, golf ... every season I was enjoying the outdoors in a team environment or doing laps of the pool on my own.   Our Saturdays as children were always spent at my brother and Dad's soccer games or cricket matches, and as a family, we enjoyed every minute of it .. I never much enjoyed my 5am swim starts, but what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger!

Daniel Irvine, my cousin, is a chiropractor and was a professional football player, was brought up in a home with seven children, and all of them were active too.  The boys always played league, and the girls did Physical Culture and from what I remember, we were all strong swimmers.

Anyway, Dan shared this link, which I really enjoyed, and I thought you would too.

Take the time to have a look, it's not even ten minutes of your life...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUaInS6HIGo

We can all manage to be active for 30 minutes or more a day, whether it be at your local gym or walking, a quick run on the treadmill, chasing the kids in the park, a friendly game of football, a dance off in your loungeroom, laps in your local pool .. it doens't have to cost you money to be healthy ...

No comments:

Post a Comment